Monday, February 6, 2012

Web 2.0

Web 2.0 is very easy to use, but the only complaint I have (if you can call it a complaint) is that there is SO MUCH out there. We, as browsers of the Internet, have power over our domain. We can get our voices heard with the click of a mouse. As a kid, I was very shy and closed off from others, but with the development of the Internet and Web 2.0, my social skills have blossomed! I'm no longer afraid someone will not like what I think. I don't have to worry about whether anyone likes my creations or my thoughts. This is because everyone has the freedom to express themselves in the safety of their own homes via the Web.

There are so many opportunities for students and teachers when it comes to Web 2.0. One example I can think of is by using the Web to teach from a distance. I personally use a wiki with my Pre-AP students. I see them everyday, but I still require them to view and make changes to the wiki via discussion.

http://jonesbookwormspap.wikispaces.com <-- this link to the class wiki!

1 comment: