Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Twitter

I have a twitter account, but very rarely use it. I think this is because most of the people I know use Facebook, so I just stick with them. I've tried inviting some of them to twitter, but they just won't come. Even students. They're not interested in following their teacher's tweets.

I think twitter can get a little ridiculous depending on who you follow and who follows you. Some of the celebrities who tweet are just not that interesting. I have my twitter locked so that people have to ask my permission in order to follow me. I am constantly getting requests from "girls" who are ... let's just say, not exactly modest people. This annoys me and is one reason why I won't recommend my children use twitter.

Then again, there are the interesting celebs. For example, I follow Wil Wheaton who could very well be a male version of me. We have the same thoughts only he speaks his thoughts through twitter, GoodReads, and Tumblr. He has one central location where all his thoughts go and then they are broadcast across all his accounts. His blogs go to tumblr and GoodReads, his shorter comments go to twitter, and everything links to Facebook which is how I follow him. I want to find out what this program is called. If I do, then I'll blog about it. It seems useful to be able to reach everyone through their interests rather than making them come to you. This could be quite useful in a library. They could follow or subscribe to your feed through the networking site they prefer and still see all your comments.

Twitter could be good for library patrons to keep up with new developments in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment